Sunday, March 24, 2019

The Book Two Posts: The Rewrite Ep. 1

 
I recall being filled with excitement when I had about two chapters left to write in my rough draft. I was really pleased. I had lots of stuff going on, and things were interesting. After finishing, I had planned to shelve it for a while, but I just couldn't leave it alone.


I was making a list of things I needed to fix, and I was also concerned about the calendar and if it made sense. I printed out the calendar for the month and year I was using and began to add my chapters and major events to it. The weird thing is that, somehow, the more I looked at it, the more I thought I was missing something. I'm not sure what. I can't seem to put my finger on what is missing.

So, this weekend, I had to go visit with some family members, and I love brainstorming while I'm driving. Unfortunately, I felt too distracted to really figure out what I needed to do differently. I have a vague idea, but it's not ripe yet. There are lots of who and how and why questions. Suffice it to say, at least one more plot line is coming.

I've sent a few chapters to my sister to read, but, at the same time, I knew that there would be changes to these. I'm looking for a content/developmental review right now, not typos and nit-picky things. It's kind of weird because I didn't have any help at all with the first book. I didn't have editors or proofreaders or anyone to tell me my story was lacking in some important plot point. Right now, content/development edits seem to be the most important things.

So, without revealing any spoilers, it's kind of hard to really share what's happening with Book Two. It's definitely going to be a book, but right now, I'm trying to figure out what all it needs to make it the best possible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment