Sunday, March 17, 2019

I Couldn't Wait - Listening to the First Draft

Omigosh, you guys! I figured out how to convert my first draft to Mobi and upload it to my Kindle Fire so I could listen to it. This is exciting! What was a messy pile of words and notes that were half finished around Thanksgiving is now officially a whole book--minus the edits and some parts that need to be more fully fleshed out.


I love using the listening feature on Kindle. It really helps me to get a feel for the flow of the book and also HEAR mistakes that I might overlook. It has helped me a lot. You can sometimes even hear missed punctuation. The Kindle reader has a flat monotonous voice, but with inflections. It's pretty smart, and I'm pleased with it. Whereas my Microsoft reader in Word sounds like a computer, this Kindle TTS seemed a bit more sophisticated and, for the most part, reads with normal sounding sentences.

So, I couldn't wait, and I'm listening to my book for the very first time.

I was watching videos of other writers, and one author said she had not reread her book since it was published. I'm not sure why, but I have no problem rereading mine. I've reread both of my books in both print and via audio several times already. Each time I make notes of things I need to correct: spelling, punctuation, etc. I like to think that the fact that I don't mind hearing it over and over is an indication that it doesn't suck. 😸

One step closer! Woohoo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment