Monday, August 21, 2023

Just a Quick Update! And Tin Things


Halo, Reader!

This is just a warning regarding the status of my domain. Google has entered into an agreement with Squarespace and will be transferring domains to them. After a long hiatus, I have decided that a renewal of this domain name and the others is not necessary.

It's not necessarily because of the change, but I had been thinking about dropping it anyway. I'm currently considering a different platform, but, until then, the website will still be right here at Blogger, but with the "blogspot" plopped into the address: http://bunnyrosebooks.blogspot.com. So, you can update your links to include the "blogspot." Just getting back to grassroots, so to speak. :-) So, no major changes just yet. 

I tried to find some cute art that I did to use for my post, and, well, I was digging into last year when I gave up. Yes, I've painted this year, but nothing that just wowed me. Do you ever go through phases where you are relearning what you thought you already knew? That kind of feels like my life! So, instead of art this time, you get a photo from my kitchen. This is flea market original art (I am not positive if it is watercolor, markers, or a combination of both--there was so much yellow in the kitchen, and that spot was so blah! so I had to perk it up a bit with some other color), and flea market Fitz & Floyd bunny basket jar thing. I feel like I paid legit dollars for that bird, but he may have been thrifted, too! I find too much stuff when I shop. :)  Don't laugh at the fake plant. According to our daily air quality readings, I should probably get a canary.

I'm pretty sure that I bought the copper canister new, and it just occurred to me that that might have been from the Mistletoe Marketplace sale we have every year and that it might have been from Apple Annie's booth (something keeps showing me picking it up from a rack at Apple Annie's and maybe a couple of small packages of something--tea or cider or herb mix???--so that must be it unless that was a different metal-related thing), which puts it around twenty years old, and I thought it was older than that. Someone on eBay has one in a lot worse shape, so they must have really abused it for it to look that old. I haven't exactly babied mine, but it's still together with the lid, and the inside is still mostly silver and smooth. The main issue with tins is if they are exposed to water, like sitting on the counter in a place that gets wet often (I'm the worst at getting the counter wet). One of my tins was under the sink, which sprung a few leaks. So, it's not food safe. I had some nice collectables, but I have a bad habit of taking the lids off so I can use the containers for paint brushes and other art supplies. I badly devalued vintage Hershey and Lipton tins that way when I lost the lids. We had started hanging onto things when we realized they were going to cardboard containers. I still let some things go, like the tin full of maple syrup where you can't get the syrup out because it's petrified. Somehow, I've managed to hang on to the Old Charter Kentucky Bourbon tin that was a special gift edition. Dad got the bottle of bourbon, and I got the tin for my spaghetti. Perfect fit!

Take care!


No comments:

Post a Comment